Sunday, August 31, 2008

Sunday Isn't Suck Day Eve.

Obvious Fact Of The Day: When you stare open-mouthed at the Gospel Doctrine teacher, your participation is going to be called into play.

Alrighty...my first Sunday without Desi in my school ward. And since I'm kinda a wuss, I invited Scotty along with me so I wouldn't be alone. So, upon arrival, I looked about to see my fellow ward members...and of course checked to see if any of them were cute. And boy was I in luck! We seem to have a high population of attractive fellows! Which is all kinds of fantastic. It makes church so much more interesting! Alright, now who remembers the cute baseball players from my FHE experience? I sure do. I was just praying they didn't remember me because they both ended up in my Gospel Doctrine class...and one of them was teaching it. His name, I came to discover, is Clinton Dowse. Apparently he's from Kanab and has been back from his mission for about a year. And oh boy is he a good teacher! He just has some swell teaching methods that helped me remain interested and helped me actually pay attention. For example, he had a girl come up to the board and draw out the story that we were reading, verse by verse. It was pretty funny and memorable...which are words I previously haven't really associated with Sunday School, so it's a nice change. So anyway, after church, I went and spoke with Brother Gurr to set up an appointment with Bishop Reed to obtain a temple recommend, seeing as how mine expired about a month ago. Hence, I'm meeting with him on Tuesday at 7:40 pm. Party! Speaking of party, after I went home and changed out of my church clothes, Scotty and I headed to his grandparents' house in Parawon for Sunday dinner. Oh man his family is hilarious. I love it! But it makes me miss my crazy family and our interesting family dinners. Sigh...

No comments: