Monday, August 25, 2008

Slip 'N Slide

Obvious Fact Of The Day: Grass is slippery when wet. Grass gets wet when water is on it. Grass + water = wet.

First day of classes. It actually went pretty well. I dig not having to wake up until 8 on Mondays. SO much better than 6...by a good 2 hours. First class of the day: Criminal Justice. It's actually a really large class and has a few really good looking kids in it. You know how you can tell when people are checking other people out? Don't pretend you have no idea what I'm talking about. You know. Yeah so from the back of the classroom, I was watching this go on. A few boys scoping out the female spectrum in room 407. It was actually really entertaining. One would nod (or even point, depending on how inconspicuous he wanted to be) toward a girl, and the rest would agree or disagree as they saw fit. My favorite was when they would point out a guy. That was just pure funny. Well, ok, it's funny until one of them turns around and makes eye contact with you. Oh, yeah, that happened to me. I looked away quickly as if to play it off like I didn't just get caught watching this odd sport. When I looked back up, they were laughing quietly and nodding...but I'm pretty sure it wasn't about me. Well, I hoped the laughing wasn't. I wouldn't mind the nodding. Ha ha. Calculus was next...and can I just say...Dr. Armstrong is HILARIOUS! Seriously, this is going to be the best math class ever. Ok...well, it will be ONE of the best math classes ever. It's hard to top 10th and 11th grade. Those were a blasty.

My first singles ward FHE was tonight at 7 at the Bishop's house. We played some "olympic games"...not well, but we tried. My group's first event was a grape catching contest. I can't catch things in my mouth to save my life, so I just watched. Two pretty cute baseball players were going against each other. It was so funny cuz they would try to cheat...the whole time. Desi participated in the watermelon seed spitting contest...but I wasn't even going to try that one. The baseball players sat out the next one and just watched all the events...which I fully participated in. It was one of those games where you have two buckets and one is filled with water and you have to transfer that water to the other bucket with a sponge. Of course, it's a relay race, so everyone is running. Unfortunately, we were the 3rd group to play this, so there was already water all over the grass. This, of course, meant that Desi and the other girl totally wiped out while trying to empty the sponge into the other bucket. Desi's a screamer, so when she slipped a bit, she screamed, and so now almost everyone's attention was on our intense relay. I so was not going to be an idiot in front of everyone and follow in my teammates' slippery footsteps, so when I neared the other bucket, I slowed down to maintain my footing. And then I sprinted back to make the handoff like no one's business. Course, after completing the handoff, I face planted it and ROLLED. So much worse. Not to mention everyone was already watching, and now, laughing. And I'm not gonna lie...it was hilarious. I was laughing so hard, I couldn't even get up. And I also couldn't look up and make eye contact with the cute baseball players. So much fun.

After FHE, we went to the MultiQuad to watch Iron Man on the huge projector. Only...they couldn't get Iron Man yet, so they put in Bourne Ultimatum instead. We got my blankie and some chips and salsa and joined Scott and Kylee and had a blasty blast hanging out. Right up until some stupid kid tossed a shaken up 2-liter bottle of Diet Coke on us. That part was just annoying.

No comments: