Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Grafton: Dead End.

Obvious Fact Of The Day: Just because there's no bars surrounding all the cliffs at Zion National Park, that doesn't mean that one should attempt to get as close to the edge as possible.

I awoke this morning to my mom kicking my feet and telling me it was time to get up. But hey, you know me, I just stayed where I was. I did manage to get up about ten minutes later and head down to the pool to join Mom, Dad, and Des in their morning swimming adventures. After such, we all piled into the car (after drying off, changing clothes, and waking the small teenagers, of course) and took a road trip to Grafton and Zion's. The Ghost Town was pretty neat. We went there when I was little so it was fairly familiar to me...although, most of the buildings were locked, so that kinda ruined the party. We hiked in Zion's for a while and took some silly pictures along the way. We even went to look at some Petroglyphs on the bottom side of a small cliff and got to see a bunch of Rocky Mountain Big Horn Sheep trek along the slick rocks. After stopping to get ice cream and silly pictures in Virgin, we headed on home to finish our Veronica-thon and treat ourselves to a lovely BBQ dinner. Oh...and random observation, courtesy of Desi and myself: when we went to Albertson's to get some yummy items for dinner, we pulled into the parking lot and spotted something interesting. Our conversation stopped as we both commented on the large amount of white and silver cars that occupied the parking lot. They were everywhere. It was almost like a movie of some sort. One where Adrian Monk got to pick out and place the vehicles in that particular scene. Yeah, it was that intense.

No comments: