Wednesday, August 27, 2008

FANtastic!

Obvious Fact Of The Day: When you are offered extra credit to come to a study session with a TA that will answer any and all questions you may have, it's usually a good idea to go.

Wednesdays in my Calculus class have been designated by Armstrong as "study days". This means that you are free to come to class and work on that week's assignments before they are due the next day (even though we don't have any assignments to be due tomorrow). Our TA (Heidi) also comes in to work out any problems that we may have questions on or problems with...and we get extra credit for putting our name on the roll. Sweet deal right? Right. So guess how many people showed up this morning for this fantastic opportunity. Guess? Guess? Yeah...that's right! 4 of us provided our lovely presence in class. Woot woot! Better grades for me! After that wonderful class, I had a couple hours without class so I went to visit Kylee at work in the T-Bird Grill. She gave me free fries and a chicken sanguich! But shhhh...don't tell anyone! It was a one-time kinda deal. But it was one of the best tasting one-time deals I've ever partaken of! So I munched and headed off to my UNIV class. Waste of time? Yes, sir it is! But hey...it's college credit, right? I can use all the college credit I can get. We got an assignment to write a one page, double spaced essay (holy...easier than high school english. That's like writing 2 really short paragraphs. Fantastic.) on the required reading Choosing Civility by P.M. Forni. Have I read it, you ask? Course not. Have you met me? I haven't finished a required reading book for school since the summer before 10th grade! B.S. is my main form of writing skill. Mmmhmmm. But for the rest of the class I couldn't help but notice that the boy from my CJ class on Monday kept looking at me. Don't really know what to think about that one yet...hmmm...

Tonight's activities consisted of a Meet Your Religious Leaders Fair on the MultiQuad. The best part? Free food. Yeah, Des and I pretty much showed up, found our ward, got some brownies and a name tag and headed up to the SUUSA room for our very first Freshman...I mean...FreshPERSON Board meeting. It was pretty rad. A girl named Liz Day is in charge of us crazy kids. And can I just say that she is officially one of my favorite people ever? She is just fantastic. Pretty sure everyone should know her and be friends with her because we all need a Liz in our lifetime. During this meeting, we were informed of our responsibilities. Priority #1: the ThorCorps. We are in charge of getting people to show up to games and get all spirited up. Priority #2: Fan Of The Week. Yep, we interview and photograph members of the crowd at events and put them on our FOTW board. It's a splendid idea. But we all thought, "Who is going to care if they are FOTW? We have to give out a prize of some sort so people actually WANT to be the FOTW." Liz was already on top of that. She said she had proposed in a Summit meeting (that's the meeting that all the real important student government people go to and talk about what the plan is) that we should give out FANny packs to the FANs, but no one at Summit was really feelin' what she was throwin' out there. But oh, did we understand completely. We were psyched! We started brainstorming ideas for what items we should put in said FANny pack. I was thinking we should put one of those cheap fold out kinda chinese looking FANs in there, along with a FANtastic 4 figurine. Get it?! Ha well Liz got it. That's all that matters. When the meeting was adjourned, Des and I headed back for some free sloppy joes and waited for Scott. We finished eating before he got there, so we were all up for hiding from him while he was looking for us. We ended up ducking behind a group of guys and looking through them to make sure Scotty couldn't see us. But they thought we were looking at them. So they introduced themselves to us...which was awkward, but funny. I ended up getting hit on by a guy who said his name was "Puddin"...and he showed me how he could dance pretty spectacularly. He was really funny and nice, but as a 22-year-old, he looked almost disappointed when I said that I was 17. Gee, wonder why. Jailbait, anyone? Ha ha. Anyway, once Scotty found us, we headed over to the dance at the Institute parking lot. It was actually really fun! Way better than any Stake Dance I've ever been to. But not better than EFY. Nothing tops EFY.

No comments: