Sunday, September 7, 2008

So Long...Farewell!

Obvious Fact Of The Day: When you're getting ready to leave everyone in your life for 2 whole years...those people are going to want to get some quality moments with you before your departure. This indicates your popularity within the human race.

So today was Logan Hedin's farewell. We are buddies from EFY this last summer at the Sandy Institute and oh man I love that kiddo! He lives in Salt Lake so I don't get to see him a whole lot...but when I do it's always a fantastic experience! For example, the last time we got to play, we went to the South Towne Mall with his brother Adam and our friend Aimee. It was basically a mini EFY reunion. We mostly just walked around in the stores but I guess Adam and Logan wanted to get a new cologne or something so Aims and I basically forced them to go into Victoria's Secret and we all tested out some different smells. Sometimes I love Vikki's scents...but sometimes it's way too much for my nostrils! Anyway, we had a blasty spraying each other randomly and unexpectedly. I actually think Adam won the contest for "who could wear the largest variety of smells at one time". Uh...lucky him! After that we went to this shop called "Tie One On" and as you can imagine...it sells ties! Logan told me to pick out a tie I really liked so he could buy it. Something about how if a girl picks it out and she really likes it, chances are that other girls will too. To an extent I guess that's pretty smart, but I'm kinda a smarty pants so I tried to pick out the ugliest tie possible. We had a lot of fun with that...especially once we found this horrid black tie with bright orange shapes all over it. Yikes. Anyway, those are the memories shared with Logan sauce.

So after I arrived at Logan's church house, I found a spot in the back and saved a seat for Aimee. Logan was way busy greeting all his other close friends and family that had come to hear him speak so I figured it would be better for me to just wait my turn at the end since he's so ridiculously popular! :) Anyway, Aimee got there right before the meeting started so we got to catch up a little bit before Logan spoke. We tried really hard to get him to laugh by making funny faces and things but I think he was trying to avoid looking at us for that very reason. And honestly I don't blame him...I hated it when my mom would do that to me when I gave talks! But yeah afterward I went and waited in the HUGE line to go shake the Elder's hand and give my congrats and thus, Logan invited me to the PAR-TAY at his house. He gave me directions and things but honestly...I kinda suck at remembering lefts and rights mixed with numbers sometimes so yeah I got slightly lost. But then I saw a bunch of boys in white shirts and ties in the middle of the road so I thought that was probably the right one. The really sad part was that they were all hunched over one of Logan's good friends AJ who had just fallen off the back of a car he had been messing around with his friends on. But the most impressive thing ever was that when Logan drove up and saw that, he went straight over to AJ and gave him a blessing. He didn't ask what happened or anything until afterward. I could just tell that he cared so much about AJ's well being and had such faith that God would take care of him. So after they got AJ into an ambulance and things, I got to hang out with Logan for a little bit at his house and then a few hours later, he drove down to Riverton to hang out with just me without all these other people wanting his attention...which was so sweet of him! We didn't get to hang out long, but I loved getting to see him just a little bit longer before he leaves me for 2 years!

So yeah those were the events of the day before us Cedar Civillians headed on back to our wonderful land of college and crazies! Who doesn't love a 3 hour drive? Seriously.

No comments: