Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I'm A Freshman! ...I Mean, A Freshperson.

Obvious Fact Of The Day: People have been called Freshmen for ages. Freshgirls sounds like something my mom would say when A.) we needed to look "fresh" for some event or B.) we were being "fresh" with her. So Freshperson...sounds like something an idiot would say if they didn't know what gender you had been assigned to.

So...we all know you're not reading this to hear about the boringness of my classes. You're here for the social stuff. You want to see lil baby Ariel grow into not-so-lil baby Ariel. I can't make any promises, but I'll do my best to see that it happens. So after classes, and my wasting-time party with myself, I headed off to my Freshman Board meeting. Man, the LoveSacs in the SUUSA office are so comfy! I dig it. Anyway, Liz (our boss woman) is hilarious! I love that girl! She started off the meeting by explaining that we were no longer allowed to call ourselves members of the "Freshman Board." We now have to go by the "Freshperson Board" due to some sort of unfair gender something or other. I don't really know...I was laughing way too hard. So that's the new joke for the Freshman Board (hereby shortened to FB). Don't you feel cool and like you're on the inside? Because you are. And don't you forget it! After that party of a meeting where we didn't really get much accomplished...there was a Freshman Success class in the Lightning Lounge. Basically this guy talked to us for an hour about loans and credit and staying out of debt and then we got all the free pizza we could eat! And seeing as how I'm a poor, starving college student...that was a fantastic deal for me.

2 comments:

lvs2dance said...

ok, girl! UPDATE YOUR BLOG PLEASE! How am I supposed to keep tabs on you if you do not keep my informed! BTW- are you still dating your teacher???? Doesn't that sound wierd to you?
I loved your prom pictures that are on your facebook. What a beauty!

Leira Lynn said...

Jen Jen Lynn Lynn...I'm workin on it, ok? Ha being in college is a busy business!! And it's not weird because he's my Sunday School teacher. He's only like 4 years older than me. But no, we're not anymore...as you will soon read! (Eventually.)