Thursday, September 4, 2008

Having Quite A Ball In The Ballroom!

Obvious Fact Of The Day: When I'm already smiling at you, it's unneccessary to tell me to smile...because I'm already doing it.

Well, if I wasn't having fun in math, it'd be my own fault. For today anyway. This is mainly due to the fact that Armstrong is one of the funniest math teachers I know. And I've known plenty of those...most of which have been funny. So this is quite the honor. He's got some fantastic math jokes, and even some fantastic non-math jokes. It's all sorts of entertaining. I'm ok with that being my only Thursday class. It's well-spent! So after all my classes, I went to ballroom tryouts with Desi and Kylee. We mostly just went to have fun...and it was a TON of fun! There were over 100 girls trying out and probably about 60 boys trying out. We did the basic steps for the Cha-Cha, Waltz, and a mini Jive routine. It was pretty fun to watch all the kids that were on the team last year teach and just do it...they have such confidence and energy! It's so cool! I think my favorite one to learn was the Jive. It's really bouncy and has personality so I just had a lot of fun practicing it over and over...even though it got super tiring! Desi and Kylee had a bit of a harder time remembering the order of the different moves, so I helped them go over it. It's times like these that being in Guard for 4 years really pays off! All the routine changes at the last minute really help train your brain to learn and remember anything that gets thrown at you under pressure...and this was definetly one of those moments! Ok, three of those hours. Ha ha. Well when the actual try-out session started, they had the boys dance with girls that were on team last year and vice versa for the girls for the Cha-Cha and Waltz. I got to dance with this AMAZING (and really good looking, might I add) dancer, Jose. His advice to me right before we started dancing was to smile. But here's the thing...when I get nervous, I smile. It's just a natural reaction for me. Hence, that was a really short conversation (although it may also be due to the fact that his good looks combined with his crazy dance ablity was pretty intimidating). So yeah, I'm pretty sure I didn't make it on any of the 3 teams because there were so many amazing girl dancers...but oh well! At least it was a fun experience! :) After that, Iron Man was being shown on the MultiQuad, but Desi and Kylee and I were all way too pooped to go home and change and then come back. So we just said hi to some buddies on the way home and called it a night.

No comments: